Learning Objectives (Outcomes)
Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key roles of protein in our diet
- Describe food sources of protein (animal vs. plant)
- Understand how to calculate protein requirements for older adults who are healthy and not healthy
- Identify disease and age-related changes in various patient types and how this affects protein needs
- Identify meal planning tips and resources to help achieve adequate protein intake
- Discuss the collaborative role of allied healthcare professionals to help patients achieve optimal protein intakes to improve health outcomes
CE Disclosure to the Readers
The Center of Excellence in Education (CEE) is an approved provider of CA Board of Registered Nursing and CA EMT continuing education. This self-study, web-based activity is provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing Credit provider #CEP12084; California Pre-hospital (EMT-P) CE provider #65-0537 for one (1) hour of continuing education credit.
All authors and planners have disclosed that they have no relevant conflicts of interest and forms are on file for review.
Successful completion of this activity requires a completed post-test and evaluation. You will then print your CE Certificate from the website.
For any CE related inquiry, please contact email@example.com.
This article is sponsored by The Center of Excellence in Education.
This article is funded through an educational grant through a commercial supporter. The Center of Excellence in Education ensures that its activities are educational and meet the needs of the target audience.
This educational activity is developed without influence from commercial supporters.
This educational activity is supported by an educational grant from Nestle Health Science in accordance with industry standards.
This article does not endorse any commercial products.
CE Accreditation for this article expired on March 21, 2019.